Friday, May 1, 2015

Observation Post!

This never happens but I'm making an observation post.

I have been to a few stargazes over the past few months and haven't documented any of it! Let's see what I can remember. 

At the PV Astronomy night, I observed galaxies (which just looked like fuzzy patches), the Moon, many many constellations that Mr. Percival (Astrochap) generously pointed out with his insane red laser pointer. Although it was a bit cloudy that night, the wind allowed for the clouds to pass over and did give us time to observe most of the sky.  

At the local astronomers' stargaze over the weekend, I was able to observe through about eight or nine different telescopes! Most of the astronomers had their telescopes pointed at Jupiter (and its four moons), Mars, and the Moon.  I love seeing Jupiter through telescopes - even when the image is really tiny because you can still make out the colored bands across its surface.  Astrochap caught Maddy and myself towards the end and we reviewed the constellations briefly before leaving.  It was a night well spent.

Gudspud,
Spug

No comments:

Post a Comment